- 1 1. It Was First Released As A Web Comic
- 2 2. It Received Two Awards At Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2018
- 3 3. Made in Abyss Received a Lot of Appreciations
- 4 4. Made in Abyss Has Received Two Movies and Soon Will Received a Third One
- 5 5. Not All The Chapters Have Been Collected In The Tankobon Format
- 6 6. The Translated Versions Of Both The Anime And Manga Were Done By The Same Person
1. It Was First Released As A Web Comic
The original manga was first adapted into a webcomic on Web Comic Gamma in 2012. This was done before it was adapted into an anime, which was done in 2017 by Kinema Citrus studio.
2. It Received Two Awards At Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2018
In 2018, Made in Abyss was able to bag two awards at Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2018. Made in Abyss received it for Best Score and Anime of the Year 2018! How cool is that! But not many aware people are of this.
3. Made in Abyss Received a Lot of Appreciations
The Made in Abyss Manga by Akihito Tsukushi, was nominated for the 11th Manga Taisho awards. Made in Abyss came in at the 8th place receiving a total of 40 points! Nick Creamer of the Anime News Network has praised the anime saying that it is very adventure focused and it is very efficient in establishing its premise. He also appreciates the artwork of the anime along with the music.
He says that the music is able to bring out the beauty and terror of the Abyss. Julian Malerman of THEM Anime Reviews says that the show is a well-executed emotional drama stating that, “The manner in which the show approaches this conclusion is often brutal and alienating, but the final answer is simple and pure. It sings.”
4. Made in Abyss Has Received Two Movies and Soon Will Received a Third One
Two movies on Made in Abyss has been released in January 2019. They were released with just about 14 days apart. Made in Abyss: Journey’s Dawn was released on January 14, 2019, and Made in Abyss: Wandering Light was released on January 18, 2019. Another movie, Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul, is scheduled to be released in January 2020.
5. Not All The Chapters Have Been Collected In The Tankobon Format
The manga was released as a webcomic in 2012 and has been collected into around seven volumes. But not all of the chapters have been published as a webcomic on Web Comic Gamma have been collected as tankonbon volumes. There are a few chapters that have not been collected into a tankonbon format. Some of them include:
- Chapter 48: Subete no Hajimari
- Chapter 49: Ogonkyo
- Chapter 50: Yokubo no yoran
- and more.
6. The Translated Versions Of Both The Anime And Manga Were Done By The Same Person
Jake Jung, who translated the anime for Sentai Filmworks, also was the person who adapted the manga for Seven Seas. He stated, “Made in Abyss is chock-full of terminology, so I hope fans of both media are able to enjoy a seamless experience.” He has also confirmed that he would use gender-neutral terms for both Nanachi and Marulk.