Gatotkaca is a hard tank to master. He is different from the other tanks as he deals magical damage, although he is pretty rewarding. Among all
Passive: Steel Bones
Converts 3% of lost HP to his physical defense, up to 250. with higher HP grants 110-250 HP (increases with level) and 0.5 times HP in physical defense. This effect can only occur once every 6 seconds.
With this passive, you should not be worried about chasing enemies as the more health point you lose the
Blast Iron Fist: Cooldown 8 seconds and 70 mana cost
Gatotkaca shatters the ground in front of him, dealing 220(+90% Total Magic Power) points of Magic Damage and slows enemies. Deals 30(+20% Total Magic Power) points of Magic Damage to enemies trapped by Gatotkaca’s shattered earth and slows them by 50%.
This is the ability that you can spam the most. This skill has a low range so you have to stay pretty close to your enemy in order to hit him. This skill is highly useful for chasing and escaping from enemies. You can spam this skill quite a lot to clear minion quickly but your mana will consume quickly.
Unbreakable: Cooldown 13 seconds and 100 mana cost
Gatotkaca charges and shouts loudly towards a designated direction, taunting enemies to use basic attacks against him, the duration is determined by how long Gatotkaca charges this skill (for up to 1.3 seconds). After 2.5 seconds, Gatotkaca will launch a counterattack that deals 100 points of Magic Damage and 1.5% of his total HP in Magic Damage.
This is a kind of crowd control ability as when charging up this skill, enemies around him are taunted for 1.5 seconds enemies skills are disabled and they are left with no choice but to damage you with basic attacks. In the next 2.5 seconds, Gatotkaca will counter attack all the damage done to him. So the more enemies will attack you, the more damage you will reflect.
Avatar of Guardian: Cooldown 60 seconds and 100 mana cost
Gatotkaca quickly charges and jumps to the designated area, knocking nearby enemies into the air for 1 second and dealings 500(+300% Total Magic Power) points of Magic Damage. Enemy units near the center of the area are knocked into the air for a longer duration.
This is Gatotkaca ultimate skill it has a massive range, damage, and Area of Effect. The only side effect of this ultimate is that it has a long cooldown and it takes about 2 seconds to casts this ability. So using this skill at the wrong time could lead the enemy to prevent being caught by your ultimate skill. The best time to use this skill is when the enemy team is busy in a team fight or when they are all stunned.
Best Emblem Set for Gatotkaca
Suggest Build for Gatotkaca by Akanagi.com
- Cursed Helmet: A very useful item that will increase your magical resistance and health point. I mainly choose this item in the build for its passive. The passive of this item will deal 1.5% of the enemy’s max health point as magic damage every second to nearby enemies. Having this item combined with your second ability will deal double damage to all enemies around you.
- Though Boots: These boots give you more magical defense and it reduces by a 25% the duration of you being under control crowded abilities (CCed).
- Blade Armor: Blade Armor goes in perfect combination with your second skill. Blade Armor’s passive ability reflects 25% of an enemy basic attack damage. By using your second ability while having this armor you will damage your opponents by just receiving damage! Very effective against marksmen or fighters that rely on basics attacks to deal damage.
- Antique Cuirass: This armor will increase your health points, health points regeneration, and physical defense. The passive of this armor will reduce the enemy’s attack power by 6% for 2 seconds this effect can be stacked up to 3 times.
- Immortality: Most of the time, people overrate the utility of Immortality. For a classic player is a good choice as it will give you a second choice in
battleto do your best or to run from your enemy. As well remember this item gives you a good amount of health points and magical defense.
- Sky Guardian Helmet: This item will boost your health points by a lot. Meaning that you will become harder to kill once your health points fall
bellow40%. This item as well gives you a lot of health points regeneration giving you the chance of switching lane and support your teammates without going back to your base.
Tips and Tricks on How to play Gatotkaca
- If you find a group of enemies that are stunned, frozen or slowed
don’thesitate on using your ultimate skill to knock them up in the air.
- If the enemy team has mages with high burst switch some items with physical defense into items with magical defense.
- Don’t be afraid of dying when your health points fall below 40%. That’s when Gatotkaca will be really tanky.
- At the beginning of the game try not to spam your skills as you will run out of mana quickly.
- Your ultimate skill is a game changer. Striking 3 or more enemies with your ultimate ability could change the game. You have to be careful and play smart in deciding when using your ultimate skill.
- During a
teamfight use your second skill to taunt the enemy and protect your allies.
Heroes that Gatotkaca counters
- Moskov: Moskov with the right build is quite dangerous as he can buff himself and reach a high percentage of attack speed. But with Gatotkaca having Blade Armor in the build and using his second ability you will damage Moskov pretty easily just by tanking.
- Zilong: Zilong is another hero that deals most of his damage through basic attacks. Especially when he uses his ultimate skill his attack speed will increase exponentially.
- Freya: Freya is a scary hero that with the right build she can easily win a 2 vs 1 against your teammates. Altough she deals most of her damage through basic attacks.
- Lesley: Lesley is a marksman that deals damage only with basic attacks and you already know what that means right?
Heroes that counter Gatotkaca
- Vexana: You might want to pay attention to Vexana as she is a dangerous hero for Gatotkaca. Well she might be not be able to kill you but for sure with hers ultimate skill she could give you a lot of troubles.
- Angela: Angela is a support hero. She has the ability to apply a malus that will increase the damage you receive by a 10% and decreases your movement speed by a 15% this malus can be stacked up to 5 times.
- Nana: She is not a real danger to Gatotkaca. But pay attention to her second skill that has the ability to transform you into a cat. While being transformed your defenses are reduced by a 25%.
Heroes that make a perfect combination with Gatotkaca
- Valir: Valir’s ultimate skill has a very large AoE. Casting your ultimate at the same time with Valir will totally shred any opponent.
- Angela: Even though Angela is a counter to Gatotkaca she is as well a valid team mate to you as she can provide you with movement speed buffs and with her ultimate she can provide an absorbing shield.