Hylos the tank of punishment, in my opinion, he should be ranked as one of the best tanks of Mobile Legends. But not so many people think that.
Passive: Thickened Blood
Every 1 points of mana received from equipment and emblems, will also give Hylos 1.5 points of health. When mana is not enough, health can be used to cast skills instead.
This passive helps Hylos in converting 150% of his max mana into health points. So building up mana items with health points will increase Hylos tankyness.
Law and Order: Cooldown 12 seconds and 80 mana cost.
Stores nature’s energy to lock down the target and deals 300/350/400/450/500/550 points of Magical Damage and stuns for 1s.
This skill deals a good significant amount of damage and it stuns. A good way to protect your teammate in case they have been surprised and attacked by an assassin such as Saber, Fanny or Hayabusa (these heroes have high mobility). As well it is a good skill to interrupt enemies ultimates. A quick example is Pharsa.
Ring of Punishment: Cooldown 1 second and 30 mana cost.
Releases the power of the centaurs to summon a Ring of Punishment, every second dealing to surrounding enemies 95/125/155/185/215/245 points of Magical Damage and also stacks Warden’s Fury, every stack of Warden’s Fury will reduce the enemy’s movement speed by 6% and their attack speed by 5%, enemies will also take 7.5%/10%/12.5%/15%/17.5%/20% more damage from Ring of Punishment, Warden’s Fury can stack a maximum of 10 times. Ring of Punishment will continuously use mana when it is active.
With this ability Hylos actives a small circle around him. While having this circle around him, Hylos will deal magical damage to enemies that are around him. While having this ability active and damaging enemies you will stack Warden’s Fury. Every Warden Fury that you stack will decrease the enemy movement speed by 6% and attack speed by 5%. Enemies will as well take 7.5% more damage from Ring of Punishment. Warden’s Fury can be stacked up until a maximum of 10 times. The only side effect of this ability is the fact that will keep using mana while is active. Keep in mind that when your mana is finished this ability will start consuming your health points. So make sure you turn this ability off when your not using it!
Glorious Pathway: Cooldown 50 seconds and 150 mana cost.
Creates a pathway that lasts 6s, Hylos will heal 4%/4.5%/5% of maximum health and be immune to slows while on the pathway. Allies moving towards the pathway will have their movement speed increased by 60%/65%/70%, enemies moving away from the pathway will have their movement speed reduced by 70%/75%/80%.
This skill creates a long pathway that lasts 6 seconds. While on being in this path Hylos will increase his and his allies movement speed as well Hylos will regenerate health points. Very useful if you are engaging in the battlefield or if you are chasing an enemy. This ability could be used as well to allow you and your allies to escape. Don’t hesitate to use this skill whenever you are in danger as if the enemy stands in the path they will get a speed decreasing debuff.
Best Emblem Set for Hylos
Suggest Build for Hylos by Akanagi.com
Hylos is a Tank that needs a lot of health points and mana as his second ability Ring of Punishment consumes a lot of mana if you don’t pay attention to it.
- Wizard Boots: Hylos at the early start of the game will be the best hero, as he can be surrounded by enemies and deal a significant quantity of damage while being tanky. Probably you won’t be able to secure kills for yourself (unless the enemy is very stupid) and you will have difficulties on clearing minions.
Clockof Destiny: This item gives Hylos a good amount of health point and mana. As well the passive of Clock of Destiny adds 30 hp and 5 magical power every 30 seconds this effect can stack up to a maximum of 10 times. As bonusonce arrived at the maximum of stacks, this item will grant you a 5% increase in magic attack and 300 mana.
- Cursed Helmet: A perfect combination with your second ability Ring of Punishment, is this item Cursed Helmet. The passive of this item will deal 1.5% of the enemy’s max health point as magic damage every second to nearby enemies. Having this item combined with your second ability will deal double damage to all enemies around you.
- Dominance Ice: This item will grant you some mana and remember having more mana means that also your health points increases thanks to Hylos’ passive. This passive goes in perfect combination with Hylos’ ultimate as it will slow further the enemies and it will as well decrease their attack speed.
- Antique Cuirass: With this item will increase Hylos’ health points and health point regeneration. As well it will reduce the basic attack of the enemy of 6%. This effect can stack up to 3 times. This will help Hylos on becoming harder to kill.
- Sky Guardian Helmet: This item will boost your health points by a lot. Increasing Hylos’ health point is the main focus for his survival and for giving the change to use his second ability for a longer time. This item as well gives you a lot of health points regeneration giving you the chance of switching lane and support your teammates without going back to your base.
Tips and Tricks on How to play Hylos
- In team
fightsyou are the charger/initiator you could use your ultimate skill to charge and pick out the strongest enemies or ADC. If the enemy will prefer to attack your allies instead of you, use your first ability to stun them!
- Don’t try to jungle or stay in the middle lane! Your basic damage output is very low so it’s preferable you stay with a mage or a marksman!
- If your health points
fallsbelow 50% I would suggest you torecall as soon as possible as you won’t be able to use your second ability.
- At the very late of the game, you could switch your Wizard Boots for other boots that are useful.
- Try to always kite the enemy, your aim is to keep the enemy close to you as much a possible.
- Most people would use Hylos’ ultimate to start a battle, but this would leave you without any other ability to escape the battle or to regenerate your health points.
- Don’t be afraid to use your health point while using your second ability. With constant training, you will understand when you should push or back up.
- Always give a sign to your team when you’re attacking as pushing alone won’t be any good.
- Don’t be afraid to chase enemies down to their towers, if you can keep your ultimate till the last moment it will help you escape in case you fail on securing kills.
- Use bushes to bait and gank enemies. Your aim is not to
just get only kills, but to win team fights.
- Always pay attention when using your second ability, you might end up getting killed by a minion if you are not careful.
Heroes that counter Hylos
Hylos is pretty much strong against fighters, ADC and mages. But if you get against a good player that can use a high rated character you might end up in trouble.
- Vexana: Don’t underestimate her, hers ultimate is dangerous and could cause
caosin between your allies. When having a team fight she is the maximum priority.
- Karrie: Karrie has
a goodmobility. If she can prevent your moves she will be pretty hard to catch.
- Angela: Angela is a support hero. She must be feared as she can debuff Hylos’ movement and defense. She is as well pretty hard to catch as every time she attacks hers movement speed will be buffed by hers passive.
Heroes that Hylos counters
With this build and Hylos’ second ability you will be a nightmare for assassins and fighters. As they can’t stay near you or they might end up dead.
- Natalia: Natalia is an assassin. She needs to stay near enemies to deal damage. As being an assassin she is squishy and will die quickly if caught by Hylos.
- Alucard: Alucard is a fighter, as Natalia he must attack within his melee area. Alucard has no crowd control abilities so taking him down should not be an issue for your team.
- Layla: If Layla is not fed she won’t be a danger to you. As well Layla lacks
ofabilities that could help her to escape in case of danger.
Heroes that makes a perfect combination with Hylos.
- Estes: It’s always nice to have a healer that can back you up. With Estes by your side, you should not be worried at all of being taken down quickly.
- Angela: Angela is another support that debuff the enemies defense giving you the chance of dealing more damage. Angela’s ultimate gives you a shield that absorbs the enemies damage. Very useful if you want to be in the front line.