Minotaur is a tank with a form of an ancient minotaur. Before jumping into battle with this hero is strongly advised that you practice with him in the practice mode.
Passive: Rage Mode
Minotaur’s rage increases whenever his basic attacks and skills hit an enemy unit. Once Minotaur’s rage reaches its maximum, he will enter a rage state and gain bonus damage, armor and magic resistance (increases with level). Skills also gain bonus effects. After Minotaur loses his rage state, he can not recover rage for a brief period.
Rage Mode is Minotaur’s passive it will allow Minotaur to become bigger. While being in rage mode, Minotaur will gain a lot of damage, armor and magic defense. It will help you in tanking damage for your teammates. Although it is hard to trigger the rage mode. You can build rage by dealing or taking damage by minions, jungle monster or enemies hero. Remember that the rage does not last forever after you return to your normal state for a brief time you won’t be able to recover rage.
Despair Stomp: 8 seconds cooldown and 0 mana cost
Minotaur jumps towards a designated location. Upon landing, Minotaur deals 280(+60% Total Physical Attack) points of Physical Damage to all surrounding enemies and slows them by 65%. Minotaur also recovers rage. If Minotaur is in
This ability is useful to chase enemies as it will decrease their movement speed by 65%. The only downside is that it has a very short range. While being in rage mode the range and damage of this skill will increase.
Motivation Roar: 12 seconds cooldown and 0 mana cost
Minotaur motives himself and surrounding allies, Minotaur regenerates HP based on the damage he has taken, while allies are healed by 280 HP. Within 2 seconds, Minotaur recovers rage if attacked by a basic attack. If Minotaur is in
Motivation Roar will heal you and will heal also nearby allies very useful to use in fights. Using this skill while being rage will heal your more health points and any damage dealt towards you will be converted into health points the duration of this effect is 2 seconds. Don’t be afraid to jump into battle while having this skill off cooldown!
Minoan Fury: 20 seconds cooldown and 0 mana cost
Minotaur enters a rage-save state where he continuously recovers rage. The longer Minotaur charges this skill the more rage he recovers. If in a rage state, Minotaur smashes the ground 3 times, sending shockwaves that deal 180(+85% Total Physical Attack) points of Physical Damage to surrounding enemies and slows them by 180(+85% Total Physical Attack). The last two shockwaves knock enemies up, while the final shockwave deals 70% points of True Damage.
Minoan Fury is the ultimate ability of Minotaur when you are not in a rage mode. Your ultimate will charge your rage. Once you are in rage more Minotaur will create a series of shockwave that will stun the enemy, deal a good amount of damage and will decrease their movement speed by 70%. This ultimate is a game changer but in case you are not very familiar with Minotaur, you will probably have some issues on activating his rage.
Best Battle Spells for Minotaur
Best Emblem Set for Minotaur
Best Gear Build for Minotaur
- Cursed Helmet: A very useful item that will increase your magical resistance and health point. I mainly choose this item in the build for its passive. The passive of this item will deal 1.5% of the enemy’s max health point as magic damage every second to nearby enemies.
- Warrior Boots: These boots give 22 of physical defense and 40 of movement speed. As passive every time you receive a basic attack your physical defense will increase by 5 points up to a maximum of 25 points that will last up to 3 seconds.
- Oracle: Good item to have in your build as it will decrease the cooldown of your skills and will boost your shield absorption and health points regeneration rate by 25%. The bonus effect of the shield absorption and health regeneration rate goes in great combo with Hilda’s passive.
- Sky Guardian Helmet: This is the item that will give you a lot of health points (1550) and it will boost your health point regeneration by 100. Depending on whether you kill an enemy or make an assist, your regeneration rate will increase to a maximum of 3.5%.
- Antique Cuirass: This armor will increase your health points, health points regeneration, and physical defense. The passive of this armor will reduce the enemy’s attack power by 6% for 2 seconds this effect can be stacked up to 3 times.
- Brute Force Breastplate: The passive of this item will get triggered if you get attacked by a basic attack or a skill. When the passive gets triggered it will increase your movement speed by a 3% and your physical and magical defense by a 4% this effect can stack up to 5 times and it lasts for 4 seconds. This means that you could potentially increase your physical and magical defense by a 20% for 4 seconds just by staying on the frontline!
Tips and Tricks on How to Play Minotaur
- Take always a look at your rage bar as it gets filled up it will be wasted.
- Once you arrive at level 4 always try to keep your rage bar at
a 80% so that you don’t waste time on charging it while a team fight is occurring.
- Minotaur does not consume mana so try to spam your healing skill whenever is required.
- You can jump through walls using your first ability.
- In case the enemy team has 2 or more magic damage heroes swap some physical defensive items to magical defense.
- Having Oracle as an item in your build will increase the health point recovery from your second skill.
- At early game try not to kill minions but let the
damagecarrier of your lane to finish them.
- At mid game try to roam through lanes and find possibilities where to gank enemies. Then give signals to your team when to attack.
Heroes that Minotaur counters
- Akai: Against Akai you will have a easy life as if he tries to push you to his teammates you can easily activate your rage and stun all of them.
- Layla: Layla has no escape abilities. But be careful to her damage, if she is fed she can be dangerous to your team.
- Johnson: When Johnson uses his ultimate you must be in the frontline to absorb the impact.
Heroes that counter Minotaur
- Grock: Grock as the ability to place a wall behind you and then stun you. For being just a tank he deals a good amount of damage and be careful for his passive as whenever he is near a wall his physical and magical defense increases whenever he is near a wall or a turret.
- Alice: She is the Goddess of life steal, don’t engage when she is in her ultimate stance as she won’t be killable.
- Gatotkaca: One of the strongest tank in the game. In a 1 vs 1 you will lose against him as everytime he loses health points it will increase his physical defense.
Heroes that make a perfect combination with Minotaur
- Estes: When you are about to throw yourself in battle it would be nice to be healed while slashing your enemies. Although Estes to back you up should run up a good defensive build to stay close to you. Estes could help you in fulfilling better your role as a tank.
- Angela: Angela’s ultimate provides a shield to her selected allied target. Most likely she will choose you, so don’t be scared to stay in the front line once she casts her ultimate ability on you. She goes in great combo with the item in your build called Oracle.